Crusader Kings II: The Reaper's Due
Little remains of those settlements where the Black Death has passed through. Hasty burials make a mockery of the sacraments and set a feast for the crows. Once prosperous provinces have been laid waste, and the lord of the land hides away – secluded in his hilltop fortress, hoping the plague will pass him by. Wiser princes took precautions, and didn’t waste the revenues from more prosperous years.
But, in time, all must pay The Reaper’s Due.
The Reaper’s Due expansion for Crusader Kings II highlights the historic importance of epidemics and disease in the Middle Ages, especially the Black Death – an outbreak of the bubonic plague that may have killed a third of the population of Europe.
The Reaper’s Due introduces many new systems and features to what is already the richest medieval tapestry in gaming:
- Epidemics: Diseases may spread from province to province along trade and sea lanes, lowering your income and available soldiers
- Prosperity and Royal Focus: Well managed provinces in peaceful kingdoms will pay huge dividends in gold and manpower
- Hospitals and Royal Physicians: Prevent the outbreak of disease in your kingdom, and make sure your courtiers have access to the latest in Dark Ages Medical Science
- Royal Seclusion: Shield yourself from the diseases tearing your kingdom apart, even if it means ignoring the plight of your people
- New Event Chains: Is the new epidemic the End of Days? Is there someone else to blame for these horrors? Are there supernatural origins or solutions to the world’s problems?